Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Decoding Televison

There are several shows that are based on small claims court. You have abundance of these shows from Judge Joe Brown, Judge Alex, and Judge Judy just to name a few. Personally, one of my favorites to watch is Judge Mathis. He seems geniune and he's there to help people in need. When I watch his show I believe I take a hegemonic position. When I view Judge Mathis I get entertainment and plus a sense that someone cares about individuals.

On page 85, I admired Copper Greene cleverness by using a well-known iPod poster and used it as a campaign for the Iraqi people that were mistreated in Abu Ghraib prison. On the poster there is a man with a hood standing on a box with electrical wires attach to his hands. In the upper left corner it says iRaq instead of the slogan iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment